Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Wishlist Spotlight: The Martian by Andy Weir

The Martian 
Author: Andy Weir 
Date Published: February 11th, 2014
Publisher: Crown
Format: Hardback
Page Count: 384

Six days ago, astronaut Mark Watney became one of the first men to walk on the surface of Mars. Now, he's sure he'll be the first man to die there.

It started with the dust storm that holed his suit and nearly killed him, and that forced his crew to leave him behind, sure he was already dead. Now he's stranded millions of miles from the nearest human being, with no way to even signal Earth that he's alive--and even if he could get word out, his food would be gone years before a rescue mission could arrive. Chances are, though, he won't have time to starve to death. The damaged machinery, unforgiving environment, or plain-old "human error" are much more likely to get him first.

But Mark isn't ready to give up yet. Drawing on his ingenuity, his engineering skills--and a relentless, dogged refusal to quit--he steadfastly confronts one seemingly insurmountable obstacle after the next. But will his resourcefulness be enough to overcome the impossible odds against him?


Grabby Hands Because
_______________________________________________________________________________

I am beyond excited and impatient to get my hands on this book! For one, it takes place in SPACE and I have been obsessed with all things space/alien recently! Not only that but it is also a survival story and I am a huge fan of those as well. My boyfriend's grandma was the first one to recommend this book to me and I fell in love with the synopsis from the moment I read it. Since then I have seen several people recommending it and it has made me even more anxious to pick up this book! My only concern is whether or not I'll have to read this book during the day. I get easily creeped out and if it is anything like 172 Hours on the Moon I will be paranoid a couple chapters in. The thing is, I LOVE reading about space but it TERRIFIES me! If I ever had the chance to go to the moon or Mars my answer would probably be "Over my dead body!" Even so, I am really looking forward to purchasing and reading this book as soon as I get the chance! 

What books are at the top of your wishlist? 

~Judith

No comments:

Post a Comment