Saturday, February 22, 2014

Cozy Reads

I AM IN THE BIGGEST READING SLUMP!!!

It's true, and it is sad. I had such a great start to the month and within the first week I had read 4 books! But it ALL went down hill from there on out. I haven't finished one single book in TWO whole weeks. Even just talking about it is making me depressed. It is not like I don't want to read, I just can't seem to figure out WHAT I want to be reading or find a book that grabs me and doesn't let go! I know a couple books that I would love to be reading but I don't currently own and I am on a no buy book diet right now. Anyways, I do have some books I am someway into and hope to finish this weekend or in the coming week.

First up, Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone by J.K. Rowling. I have been wanting to re-read the whole HP series for years now and I had not had the chance. The fact that I didn't devour this book in one sitting should be indicative of how bad my slump is. I am currently on page 228 and have a little more than 100 to go. I am going to try to read one or two a month. I am LOVING being able to relive the fantasy and magic that is Hogwarts. It makes me so sad that I never got my acceptance letter! :(





The other book I am reading is Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. This is another re-read for me. Do you see a trend here? This is one of my all time favorite books by one of my all time FAVORITE authors! This time I am going through and tabbing some of my favorite quotes as I read along. I am on page 128 at the moment. I am hoping that reading some of my faves will pull me out of this slump.






That's mainly what I will be reading, though I have started two other books which I won't even mention because a) I barely have read anything from them and b) I don't think I will continue to read them anytime soon.

Hope you guys are having a great reading month and if you have any recommendations please let me know! :)

Judith <3

No comments:

Post a Comment