Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Judith's January Wrap-Up

Hello lovelies!

It has been WAY too long since I was last able to post anything! Life has been hectic and somewhat stressful lately. That mixed in with the fact that this month I have been struggling with having a pretty slow reading month. I have only read 4 books and 2/3 of another. I had a great start to the month reading 3 books the first week, but after that it has just been a struggle to even choose what I am in the mood to read. Which totally sucks! But here is to hoping I can at least reach my monthly goal of 8 books!

But enough dwelling on the bad!

In January I had a GREAT reading month! It was full of great fun reads! I won't go into much detail in this wrap-up since I talked so much about most of these books in my read-a-thon wrap-ups.

1. The Magician by Michael Scott (#2)
2. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (#3)
3. Looking for Alaska by John Green
4. Angelfall by Susan Ee (#1)
5. Stuff Every Man Should Know by Brett Cohen
6. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (#1)
7. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier (#1)
8. Life Before Legend by Marie Lu (Novella)
9. Losing it by Cora Carmack (#1/Companion Series)
10. Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison (#1)
11. The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
12. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
13. Disconnected by Jennifer Weiner (Novella)
14. Pieces of You by Tablo
15. Three Little Words by Susan Mallery (#12/Companion Series)

So now to do a little summary in terms of numbers:

* I managed to read 13 books and 2 novellas.
* I finished 1 series, continued 2 series, and started 5 new series.
* I read 5 stand-alone novels.
* I listened to one Audiobook.
* I re-read 2 books.

Overall it was an amazing reading month! I loved almost everything I read. My most disappointing read was probably Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy it but I didn't find it as hilarious as most people and the way the main character spoke and acted I kept thinking they were 12 years old and then they would do something and I would remember they were teens. There was nothing wrong with the book itself or the writing I just think I thought the main character was annoying and childish but I am sure as the series goes on she will probably mature a bit. I might not pick up the next one right away but I will continue the series.

One of my favorite reads was a re-read and that was The Fault in Our Stars! I loved it even MORE the second time around and I went a bit tab crazy marking all my favorite quotes! If I could I would tab every sentence! It is such a beautiful book and story and I cried twice as hard this time as well! I can't wait to see the movie this June!!!

My copy after I got done reading it!!!


That's all for this wrap-up! Let me know what you read in January and what you are reading in February! 

Happy Reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment