Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Judith: The Christmas Booktube-a-thon!

Hey everyone!!!

I have some exciting news today! I will be participating in the upcoming Christmas Booktube-a-thon! Yes, yes, I know that this is a blog and not Youtube, but there is nothing saying that I can't follow along! :) I thought this would be a great opportunity to buckle down and read some books! The booktube-a-thon will be from Friday the 20th-Sunday the 22nd. The great thing is that it will start at midnight Friday no matter where you are in the world! That means no having to worry about it starting at 4AM or something of the sort. I'll leave links down below to both Ariel's and Kat's video's discussing all the details!

Now, onto the books that I will be attempting to read during the booktube-a-thon! I thought I would do what everyone else is trying to do and go for the goal of reading 3 books, one book each day. I think this is pretty do-able considering I am done with school for the semester! I thought It would be fun to pick a theme for the books I'd be reading...so what's my theme? Books that I have been meaning to read for a long, long time! Or you can also call it, books the whole world has read but me. There are so many books that I have been dying to read but something always comes up when I am about to.  And these are all one's I am very excited to read!

First up, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins! This is the second book in The Hunger Games trilogy. Please don't kill me for not having read this sooner! The thing is I read The Hunger Games a while before the movie came out and I absolutely loved it but it is one of those books that the ending wraps up so well that I was in no immediate rush to run and read Catching Fire. I guess I let time pass by and now the second movie is out and I feel like I can't see it until I read the book! I have heard this is a brilliant sequel and can't wait to jump back into this world!!








The second one I want to read is City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. This is another one people are going to kill me over! With this one, I was a bit apprehensive to start the series because I really wasn't sure if the plot appealed to me or not. It is kind of a hard plot to explain and get across and I couldn't make my mind up. I did the unthinkable and I watched the movie before reading the books! But on the bright side I completely loved the movie and the characters and was able to understand the idea behind it a bit more. This definitely sealed the deal for me and I knew I had to finally go and pick up the series!








Last, but certainly not least I want to read Legend by Marie Lu. I wanted to pick up this series since the first book came out but for some reason I just never did. Recently the third and final in the trilogy came out and I thought, what better time to start than now that I have them all at my disposal! And I know EVERYONE has mentioned this but AHHH some of the ink is gold! That is just too cool!












Okay! So that is it for the books I plan to read for the Christmas booktube-a-thon! Of course plans can always change and I could end up reading none of these but I really, really want to. Let me know if you guys are participating and what you are planning on reading! :) I'm in the process of trying to convince Kristy to participate as well! *bats eyelashes*

Links:

Ariel's Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIXfCFN6qss

Kat's Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC7d8-lNl2g

No comments:

Post a Comment