Thursday, December 19, 2013

Kristy: The Christmas Booktube-a-Thon!

Hey all my lovely readers!

I'm pretty sure you read Judith's earlier post and how I got conned into doing the Christmas Booktube-a-thon Challenge. However, thanks to her I'll be joining in on all the book reading fun. You guys can check out all the details on Ariel's and Katy's youtube pages.

So from Friday the 20th to Sunday the 22nd, beginning at midnight, I will crack open a new book along with many of our fellow readers because obviously I don't need sleep. I'm not sure if I'll be reading 3 books like my partner in crime or even half a book, but regardless, it is the perfect opportunity to read (not that I need a reason for that) and cross off some of the books from my reading list.  I do have a few books that I want to get to and so I'll be adding them to this wonderful list!

8490112To start off this challenge, my first book is going to be Daughters of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. I am a major buff for fantasy (and often live in my own little world) and have heard great things about this one. Star-crossed lovers, Romeo and Juliet, who doesn't love stories like that, where you get to fall for the bad guy who is really a good guy? I know I do! I also heard that Laini Taylor does an amazing job at capturing and telling the story. And apparently it's filled with monsters, demons, and HOT guys!! (Insert fangirl scream.)









13580928Up next is Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter. Throw in a crafty family of thieves, a hunky male lead, and an elaborate con and you have yourself the third book in the Heist Society series. I have been a fan and faithful reader of Ally Carter's beginning with her Gallagher Girls series (which are amazing and a must read). I've had a copy for a while now but have yet to open it so perhaps this weekend I can take a crack at it. It's a perfect read that keeps you on the edge of your seat and that's what I love about Ally, she isn't scared to push you off (if need be).










Those are the books I intend to read for this challenge though I may add another (if I can find one I haven't yet read in my mini library). You know what this means don't you....I need to go buy me some more books! There is no way I can run out that fast.

Anyway, I hope you all are able to partake in this challenge and have tons of fun gushing over your favourite characters, I know I will.


Check the links:

Ariel's Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIXfCFN6qss

Kat's Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC7d8-lNl2g


No comments:

Post a Comment