Monday, December 23, 2013

Kristy: Christmas Booktube-a-thon Wrap-Up!

So you've heard....it's over and the results are in!

As the clock struck twelve, I'm sorry to say that the carriages turned back into pumpkins, the horses back to mice, and Cinderella, well, she lost a shoe. I guess, if you were Cinderella, of course, that's what would have happened, but here it was a different story entirely. For us here at The Cozy Corner, and I'm sure for many of you book lovers out there, twelve signified the end of the Christmas Booktube-a-thon for the year. Here is how it went...

It was a stormy day, dark clouds filled the sky....and there was NO rainbow! Ok, that's not entirely true. There were no clouds or rainbows and the sun was glowing hot in the sky...and many things were going on around me. I had just gotten home right before 12 midnight (Thursday-Friday) from Santa's Enchanted Forest (which my novel of choice was way more enchanted) ready to dive in to a new book. Honestly, I didn't think I would even get to read much because I was so tired from walking and laughing, and riding sketchy carni rides the night before, but alas, as soon as i opened the book I was transported into a world that I just couldn't deny. So I read and I read and I read, until I knocked out at 4 or so in the morning.

It took me all weekend, but I finished all 418 pages of Daughter of Smoke and Bone. It was magical. I hated that throughout the weekend I had to put it down so many times.

I'm sure you read Judith's account of my mini spazz-attacks I had throughout the challenge. (I think that in itself was a challenge). Let me tell you, they were more like "unparalleled spazz-attacks of the internal membrane," at least that's how I put it at the time. I think I may even be having withdrawals, however, more about that in my book review, so keep your eyes peeled!

Unfortunately, I only got to the one book, though I'm happy I got to read at all, with all the work and preparations for the holiday festivities going on.

And my lovely partner in crime, Judith, is way too fast at everything. I wanted to freeze her just a bit so that I could catch up to her, but oh well, it was still fun and I got a good fill. Now I just wish that I had the next segment because after such an intense read, I don't think I can sleep or read anything else. (Here lays Kristy is fetal position, rocking back and forth, while caressing my baby--I mean book!)

In other news, Judith and I are going to escape reality, hide out in a library, create a fortress of books and create our own secret tongue. You are all welcome to join in on the fun and if any of you awesome readers decide to actually build a book fortress, take a pic (with you [and friends] inside) and send it to us!

Anyway, keep an eye out for next week's posts:

1. Judith's review for Demon Glass, Catching Fire, and Legend .
2. My review for Daughter of Smoke and Bone.
3. Genre Spotlight: Fantasy

That's all for tonight (or morning, depending where in the world you all are). I hope you all had fun with this challenge and read as much as you could. Keep on reading and let us know with a few comments what you all will be reading in the week to come, books you hope to get for the holidays, or just anything at all that you would like to tell us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment