Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Judith: Cozy Reads 01/01/14

HEY EVERYONE! 

I thought I would post a quick Cozy Reads letting you guys know what I am currently reading and will probably  be reading for the remainder of the week.

Psssst...I will let you in on a little secret. For 21 years I was strictly a one book at a time kind of gal, until I wasn't entirely done with one book I wouldn't dare pick up another one. This past year that all changed! I am not quite sure why but I think it has to do with my discovery that by reading multiple books in different mediums I could get a lot more reading done. I started reading three books at any given time, a physical book, an e-book for when I was laying in bed, and an audio book for when ever I was cleaning or doing something on the computer. That's the way it has been for the last couple of months but for some reason this week I seem to be wanting to read ALL the books at the same times! I have been reading a couple chapters of one and then picking up another and doing the same and just rotating. Luckily the three books are all quite different in content and I don't run the risk of the events jumbling together.

Well now that I am done rambling I will get on with the good stuff...the books!

The first book I am reading is Killing Floor by Lee Child. This is the first book in the Jack Reacher series. My MIL has been recommending the series to me for a while now and she recently lent me her kindle so that I could read it. I don't know how many I will read since there are about a MILLION in the series! It is a mystery/thriller/crime novel, which is great because I haven't read too many books that fall within those genres. I am about 43% into it and so far I am loving it! Although, I am constantly in a state of anxiety as I am reading because one bad thing after the other keeps happening! Like WOW can they please catch a break!!!

The Second book I am currently reading is The Magician by Michael Scott. This is the second book in The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. The first book in the series is actually my Fantasy recommendation of the week! I am really enjoying the series. It is a great mix of history and magic and I love the alternate explanations for various events! I am currently on page 113 out of 464 and there hasn't been a shortage of action! There are six books in the series and I am going to try to read one a month, unless there is a terrible cliff hanger at the end of one of them and then I must continue! Luckily my boyfriend owns them all and they are sitting on our shelf waiting patiently!

FINALLY, the last book that I will be reading is the one that I am most excited about! *Drum roll please!* Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins!!! This is the third and final book in The Hunger Games trilogy! As you all know, I read Catching Fire last month for the Christmas Booktube-a-thon and really loved it and couldn't wait to sink my teeth into the next one! It seems kind of crazy that I am finally going to finish the trilogy considering I read The Hunger Games sooo long ago. The most exciting part is that Kristy and I will be reading it together! She had yet to read the last one as well so we thought we would do it together! We are going to try to do it in sets of 100 pages at a time. I am currently on chapter 3 and will hopefully reach chapter 8 by the end of the night.

Well...so much for a quick post! I am just so excited about this weeks reads! 

What will you guys be reading this week??! 

<3 Toodles! 





No comments:

Post a Comment