Thursday, January 2, 2014

Kristy: Cozy Reads- Week 1 (1/2/14)

I guess you could say that I am starting the year off right with a book on my lap and a cozy place to sit. However, it's more like three books and the corner of the couch with my Batman slanket* draped over me. That's usually where I'll spend my days and nights of reading...it's just so comfy! But this isn't what today's post is about, it's about my cozy reads for the day and remainder of the week.

 As I said earlier, I have three books, yes three, that I will be focusing on this week (though they may carry over to next week with the given the circumstances...i.e. I have to work). The way I'll be reading these aren't in any particular order yet all at the same time, if that makes any sense. Here they are:
7260188
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. It's been a while and I have owned this book practically since it came out, but after reading Catching Fire I just couldn't seem to get into the third installment. However, I am happy to say that I am doing much better and loving and hating it. By hating, I mean, I don't trust the new characters and I still love the old. I'm currently at pg 40 and hoping to get further tonight, and possibly finish it before the weekend is up. The good thing is that Judith and I will be reading this together!! We've done this with one other and find it a great way to read since we read about 100 pages at a time then discuss everything we liked and disliked about that section. (It's fun if you have a friend to read with and very entertaining and challenging)

17675462Next, we have The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.This one I'm about 50 pages in, though I find it very hard to push through the beginning. I have read that at first it's hard to get into, but gets better so I'm trying to push through it but that gets harder when you have other books that you want to read. I'm hoping to finish this one too because I really want to know how it plays out, especially because I love all the supernatural and paranormal world. And when I do finish this one I can get the next one in the series *smiles evilly*


18244920


Last but definitely not least, Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger.Who would have known that I would pick this book up...well probably everyone who knows me well enough. Apart for my supernatural love, I love spies! And this book takes the cake because it pretty much has both packaged in one and tied up nicely with a pretty bow. I have yet to start this one, and my possibly be started next week, but I really cant wait. This one too has a second part which just makes it better because I hate to be left hanging and have to wait another year to know what happens. I guess you can say I'm a "little" impatient.

We're off to a good start this year and hopefully I can continue my cozy reads for more than once a millennium, at least that's how it feels like when school is in motion. Though it is one of my bookish resolutions for this year.

Well that's all for this week on my cozy reads....Hope everyone has some material for this week and don't forget to check out the next book challenge!! Hope to see you all participating and reading tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment